Trust Our Advanced Vein Care Services To Relieve Your Discomfort
Our care philosophy at Vein Associates of Texas comes down to the basic principles of comfort, effectiveness and minimizing interference with our patients’ lives. That’s why all of our procedures are outpatient, nonsurgical and performed in the comfortable environment of our office.
Whether you’re suffering from varicose veins, spider veins or hemorrhoids, we offer advanced care strategies on your terms—every patient is different, and we will guide your treatment recommendations according to those differences. We’re ultimately here to improve your well-being, and providing treatment that unnecessarily goes against the grain of your life just doesn’t make sense.
Treating Your Vein Disease With Leading-edge Technology
Because different situations and different people require a variety of solutions, Martin Franklin, DO offers a few different options for vein and hemorrhoid care. Here are some of the minimally invasive procedures we provide:
- EVA – Endovenous ablation therapy (EVA) uses a thin optical fiber tipped with a laser to damage the internal lining of varicose veins. After the vein is exposed to the laser, it will begin to shut down and collapse. The body then reroutes blood into other nearby veins and reabsorbs the closed vein.
- Sclerotherapy – Dr. Franklin injects a chemical substance called a sclerosant into the varicose or spider vein, irritating the vein wall and causing it to close. Similar to EVA, the vein is eventually reabsorbed.
- Hemorrhoid therapy – We offer two different nonsurgical treatments for hemorrhoids. Dr. Franklin will take your individual situation and needs into account in order to determine which treatment is right for you. These two treatments are:
- Ultroid® – A low-level microcurrent is applied to the hemorrhoid, causing a chemical reaction that interrupts the blood supply and shrinks the hemorrhoid, relieving uncomfortable symptoms such as pain, itching and bleeding.
- Infrared photocoagulation – Dr. Franklin uses a laser to stop the blood supply to the hemorrhoid, similar to Ultroid therapy. After 7 to 10 days, the hemorrhoid will detach, usually during a bowel movement.
Vein Care Technology Is Important. But So Is Compassion.
We offer our vein services according to what makes sense for you. And we’ve taken the time to assemble a team of truly compassionate professionals who will maximize your ease. Because general anesthesia isn’t used for any of our procedures, having a vein doctor with a warm, caring personality is important. Dr. Franklin is known for gently guiding his patients through their procedures and giving them a positive start to a life without the pain and embarrassment of varicose veins, spider veins and hemorrhoids.
For more information on our vein care services, or to schedule an appointment, call 210-361-2855. You can also schedule an appointment using our easy online form.